Volume : 3, Issue : 3, JUL 2019
A STUDY ON ONLINE MARKETING IN MADURAI CITY FOR VEGETABLES
P. L. Savithree, Dr. A. Thenmozhi
The purpose of this study is to examine and analyze the online marketing in Madurai with special reference to fruits and vegetables (especially in Madurai website and users in Madurai region). Also tried to find out various attitudes of online users of Madurai region towards the online marketing. For this study survey was conducted during 1st April to 31st May 2019. The data collected from respondents for pilot study through scheduled containing questions. The study result concluded that future of e-tailers in India especially in regions looking very bright. This study made from the online consumers and e-retailers those who created their own websites in Madurai region. The following websites are functioning in Madurai region. www.thalluvandi.com, www.kaaiarigal.com, Alagendra supermart.com, www.sbuyers.com,othakkadai.com, anjaraipetti.com offering best prices and services, good products and completely hassle- free marketing experience for consumers. Online marketing certainly provides many advantages and gains to all stakeholders that are not available in offline shopping like anytime marketing, travel less marketing and expenses less shopping; but at the same time, it also be set with many risks, which are again not associated with offline marketing like lack of privacy, security, safety, the possibility of getting the wrong product and or damaged product. The growth of online marketing is not only in India, but also in other countries. The success of any e-tailers in India is depending upon its popularity, its images, its unique and fair policies and its consumer relations etc…a
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 11
Number of Downloads : 1
- Rajasee Rege, (Nov 2007) “What influences online shopping behavior of consumers? Usability vs. Security perspective”, Masters in Human Computer Interaction Design, Indiana University, and Research project.
- Tai-Kuei Yu and Guey-Sen Wu, (Dec 2007) “Determinants on Internet Shopping Behavior: An Application of Reasoned Behavior Theory”, International Journal of Management, vol 24 No 4.
- Tony Boyte, (Feb2008) “Nielsen’s Net: Online Shopping Boom”, Marketing Magazine. Auckland: pi5 (http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?).
- John B. Horrigan, February (13, 2008) “Online Shopping - Internet users like the convenience but worry about the security of their financial information”, www.pewintemet.org (Pew Internet & American Life Project, 1615 L St., NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036).
- Business Wire New York, June 23, 2008. “PayPal celebrates 10 years of giving people a safer and easier way to shop online”.
- Minho Kim, Han Mo Oh and Ronald D Mlnial,( Aug. 2008) “Determinants of Online Shoppers Satisfaction in Korea”, Applied Economic Letters, London, , Vol. 15, Issue. 10, P 805.
- Hussam Barhoush, Arab Advisors Group Survey, (Aug 31, 2008) “Tunisia’s Internet Users Spent Over US $132.7 million in B2C E-Commerce during Past 12 months”, A1 Bawaba, London.
- Jen Syrkiewicz, (Aug 31, 2008) “The Growth of Internet Shopping -How the Web Is Affecting “Shopping and the Internet", Kay Anderson and Caroline Kennedy- Gifts & Decorative Accessories (www.giftsand dec.com) Nov 2008.
- Malin Eliasson et. al., (January, 2009) “E-commerce A study of women’s online purchasing behavior", Jonkoping International Business School, Business Administration Thesis.
- Charles Comegys, Mika Hannula and Jaani Vaisanen, (Aug. 2009) “Effects of Consumer Trust and Risk on Online Purchase Decision-making: A Comparison of Finnish and United States Students” International Journal of Management, Vol. 26, No. 2, PP295.
- John Robertson, November 2009 “Consumer Confidence and Internet shopping", www.buzzle.com.
- Shelija J Kuruvilla, Nishank Joshi and Nidhi Shah, Nov 2009 “Do men and women really shop differently? An exploration of gender differences in mall shopping in India”, International Journal of Consumer Studies, Oxford, Vol. 33, Issue. 6; p. 715.
- Afizah Hashim, Erlane K Ghani and Jamaliah Said, 2009 “Does Consumers’ Demographic Profile Influence Online Shopping? An Examination Using Fishbein’s Theory”, Canadian Social Science, Vol. 5, No. 6.
- Business Wire, New York Feb, 3, 2010“Research and Markets: Influencing the Online Experience- Maintaining Customer Mindshare and Loyalty through Superior Web-based Service”.
- Business Wire New York, Feb 11, 2010. “Women Shoppers to spend About the same’ on clothing purchases in 2010, but trending towards online purchases”.
- PR Newswire, Europe Mar 4, 2010."Differences in men’s and Women's Online Shopping Behavior”.
- Purchasing Trends”, Sep 5, 2008 www.suitel01.com- online magazine.
- Business line Apr 19, 2001 “India: Online Shopping is alive and well”, P 1 http://proquest.umi.com.
- Business line Chennai, Mar 10, 2005. “Shopping for Experience:” Pg.l: http://proquest.umi.com.
- Sakthivel, M. December 2006 “Impact of Demographics on the Consumption of Different Services Online In India”, Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 11, No. 3 (http://www.arraydev.com/commerce/jibc/).
- Nelson India-News 1 Feb 2008 “Internet the new pit stop for Indian shoppers”, www.acnielsen.com.
- Ravichandran, R Thursday May 21, 2008. “Online shopping is recession-proof in India', Indian Express Finance.
- July 21, 2008 www.comscore.com: Reston, VA.
- Sujana Adapa, Aug. 2008 “Adoption of Internet Shopping:_Cultural consideration in India and Australia”, Journal of Internet Banking & Commerce, 13, No.2.
- Ravikiran, Anupam Sharma and K C Mittal Sep (2008) “Attitude, preference and profile of online buyers in India: Changing trends:” South Asian Journal of Management, Jul; 15, 3, ABI/Inform Global pg: 55.
- Vipul Sant, May 2009. “Going the E-Commerce Way”, the Economic Times.
- Meenakshi Honda and Nirupama Gupta, Apr-June 2009 “Gender Influence on the Innovativeness of Young Urban Indian Online Shoppers", Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 13, No. 2.
- J. S. Prasad and A. R. Aryasio, Jan-Jun 2009, “Determinants of Shopper Behavior in E-Tailing: An Empirical Analysis”, Paradigm, Vol. 13, No. l, pg: 73.
- Vijaya Geeta, D. E-Business Sep 2009, “Website Preferences of Indian Internet Users ", Pg: 31-45.
- Jeffrey Sam Siekpe, Dec. 2003 “The effect of web interface features on consumer online shopping intentions”, Ph.D Thesis, Graduate school of the University of Texas - Pan America.
- Leo R Vijasarathy, 2003, “Shopping Orientations, Product Types and Internet Shopping Intentions”, Electronics Markets, Vol 13(1), PP.67-79 (www.electronicmarkets.org).
- Kuan-Pin Chiang & Ruby Roy Dholakia 2003 “Factors Driving Consumer Intention to Shop Online: An Empirical Investigation”, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13 (1 & 2); 177-183.
- Ton ita Perea y Monsuwe, Benedict G.C. Dellaert and Ko de Ruyter, 2004 “What drives consumers to shop online? A literature review”, International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 15 No. 1, 2004, pp. 102-121.
- Aslihan Nasir, V. 2004, “E-Consumer Complaints about on-line stores” Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, Vol 17, ABI/IN FORM Global, p. 68.
- Jongeun Kim, July 2004.
- “Understanding Consumers Online Shopping and Purchasing Behavior”, Ph.D Thesis, Oklahoma State University.
- Jae-Il Kim, Hee Chun Lee and Hae Joo Kim, Dec. 2004 “Factors Affecting Online Search Intention and Online Purchase Intention”, Seoul Journal of Business, Vol 10, No. 2 Seoul National University.
- Patricia Sorce; Victor Perotti and Stanley Widrick, February 1, 2005, “Attitude and Age difference in online buying” International Journal of Retail and Distribution management Vol. 33, No. 2, PP 122-132.
- Rajshree Rajamma, March, 9 2005, “Antecedents to shopping online: A shopping preference perspective”, Journal of Internet Commerce Vol. 4, No. 1, PP 63-78.
- Yingjiao Xu; V Ann Paulins, April 1 2005, “College student’s attitudes towards shopping online for apparel products”, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, Vol. 9, No 4, PP 420-433.
- Kurt Scimmel, April 18, 2005, “Media Mix Elements that Motivate online shopping”, Journal of Website Promotion ,Vol 1, No 1, PP 53-63.
- David Fishman, Nov 4 2006 “The Increase of Internet Shopping”. www.EzineArticles.com -online magazine.
- Rose Sebastianelli, Nabil Tamimi and Murli Rajan, Jan. 2007 “How Shopping Frequency and Product Type Affect Consumers Perceptions of E-Tailing Quality”, Journal of Business & Economics Research, Vol. 5, No. 1.
- Chanaka Jayawardhena, Len Tiu Wright and Charles Dennis, 2007, “Consumers Online: Intentions, Orientations and Segmentation”, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 515-526.