Volume : 3, Issue : 3, SEP 2019
CONSUMER SATISFACTION IN THE E-BANKING SECTOR
Dr. S. Sudharsan
E-Banking is the process by which a customer can perform banking transactions electronically without visiting a banking institution. E-banking refers to the use of information technology which allows customers to access banking services electronically like paying bills, transfer of funds, and check their account balance, to get updates and other information. The e-banking channels are new delivery channels for banks in India. These channels are informative and act as a transactional medium for the users. Nowadays banks are working hard to attract customers and retain their place in the banking sector. Customers who use e-banking tend to be more profitable, and willing to refer their bank to friends and family than the traditional banking customers. Advanced technology is playing a major role in improving the services in banking. Electronic banking, automated fund transfers, and electronic fund transfers etc. are all technological innovations that have helped banks to provide faster and easier access for their customers.
Banking sector, e-banking, consumer satisfaction.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 1
Number of Downloads : 0
- Malhotra, P., & Singh, B. (2010) “An analysis of Internet banking offerings and its determinants in India”, Journal of Internet Research, Vol. 20, Iss. 1, pp. 87
- IIT Madras, (2010), “Polaris Software and IndusInd Bank launch INTELLECT PRIVACY Internet Banking Security Card”, PR Newswire
- Neha Dixit and Dr. Saroj K. Datta; “Acceptance of E-banking among Adult Customers: An Empirical Investigation in India” Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 15, Aug, 2010, Pp 1-17.
- Azouzi, (2009), “The Adoption of Electronic Banking in Tunisia”, Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 14, Iss. 3, pp. 1-11
- Dizon, Javier A. (2009), “Special Feature: Electronic Banking”
- Uppal, R K. & Chawla, R. (2009), “E-Delivery Channel-Based Banking Services: An Empirical Study. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (Hyderabad)”.
- Agarwal, R., Raastogi, S., & Malhotra, A. (2009), “Customers’ perspectives regarding e-banking in an emerging economy”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.16, Iss. 5, pp. 340-351
- Mohammed Sadique Khan and Siba Sankar Mahapatra; “Service quality evaluation in internet banking:” International Journal, 2, May, 2009,
- Pooja Malhotra and Balwinder Singh; “The Impact of Internet Banking on Bank Performance and Risk: The Indian Experience” Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics, 2 , Mar, 2009, Pp 43-62.
- Laukkanen, P., Sinkkonen, S., & Laukkanen, T. (2008), “Consumer resistance to internet banking: postponers, opponents and rejectors”, The International Journal of Bank Marketing. Vol. 26, Iss. 6, pp. 440
- Routray, S. (2008), “Wireless ATM: A Technological Framework to MBanking”, Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 13, Iss.1
- Basheer Ahmed Khan and N. Kamakodi; “Looking beyond technology: a study of e-banking channel acceptance by Indian customers” International Journal of Electronic Banking, 1, June, 2008, Pp 73-92.
- Malhotra, P., & Singh, B. (2007), “Determinants of Internet banking adoption by banks in India”, Journal of Internet Research, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., Vol. 17, Iss. 3, pp.323-339
- Shah, M.H., & Braganza, A. (2007), “A Survey of Critical Success Factors in e-banking”, European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 16, Iss. 4,pp.511
- Mahmood Hussain Shah; “A survey of critical success factors in e-Banking” European Journal of Information Systems, 16, Oct, 2007, Pp 511-524.
- Awamleh, R. (2006), “Diffusion of Internet Banking amongst educated consumers in a high income Non-OECD country”, Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 11, Iss.3
- Bauer H. Hans, Maik, H. & Falk, T. (2006), “Measuring the quality of e banking portals”, International Journal of Bank, 23, Iss. 2
- Kamiya, J. (2006), “How E-Banking Can Ease Your Life”,com
- Veneeva, V. (2006), “E-Banking (Online Banking) and Its Role in Today's Society”, Ezine articles
- Jen-Her Wu; “Core Capabilities for Exploiting Electronic Banking” Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 7, Nov, 2006, Pp 98-107.
- Richard Boateng & Alemayehu Molla; “Developing E-banking Capabilities in a Ghanaian Bank” Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 11, Aug, 2006, Pp 111-121.
- Sulaiman Ainin, C.H. Lim, Alice Wee, The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, Vol 22 (2005), ISSN: 1681-4835
- Anthoney, R. (2004), “User Friendly E-Banking: A Survey of Online EBanking Retail Initiatives”, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 47, Iss. 10, pp. 99-102
- Global Finance Joint Venture, Global Finance, 2004, China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, E-commerce, ISSN: 0896-4181;
- Asghar, O. (2004), “Banking In a Cloud of Electrons”.