Volume : 4, Issue : 4, MAR 2020
DETECTING SPAMMER REVIEWS WITH FREQUENT TRANSACTIONS ON ONLINE-ECOMMERCE DATA
Poongodi K, Karthick S
As e-commerce is growing and becoming popular day-by-day, the number of reviews received from customer about any product grows rapidly. People nowadays heavily rely on reviews before buying anything. Product reviews play an important role in deciding the sale of a particular product on the ecommerce websites or applications like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc. In this paper, this project proposes a framework to detect fake product reviews or spam reviews by using Opinion Mining. The Opinion mining is also known as Sentiment Analysis. In sentiment analysis, this project tries to figure out the opinion of a customer through a piece of text. The proposed method called VWNB-FIUT (Value Weighted Naïve Bayes with Frequent Pattern Ultra Metric Tree) automatically classifies users' reviews into "suspicious", "clear" and "hazy" categories by phase-wise processing. The hazy category recursively eliminates elements into suspicious or clear. This results into richer detection and be useful to business organization as well as to customers. Business organization can monitor their product selling by analysing and understanding what the customers are saying about products. This can help customers to purchase valuable product and spend their money on quality products. Finally end users see that each individual review with polarity scores and credibility score annotated on it. This project first takes the review and check if the review is related to the specific product with the help of VWNB. This project use Spam dictionary to identify the spam words in the reviews by using FIUT. In Text Mining this project applies several algorithms and on the basis of these algorithms this project gets the specific results.
VWNB, FIUT, hPSD, EDI.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 0
- L, Chandy. R, and Faloutsos. C, (2013), ‘‘Opinion fraud detection in online reviews by network effects,’’ in Proc. ICWSM, vol. 13, pp. 2–11.
- A, Tavakoli. M, and Salim. N, (Oct. 2016), ‘‘Detection of fake opinions using time series,’’ Expert Syst. Appl., vol. 58, pp. 83–92.
- N and Liu .B, (2008), ‘‘Opinion spam and analysis,’’ in Proc. Int. Conf. B Search Data Mining, pp. 219–230.
- F, Huang. M, Yang. Y, and Zhu. X, (2011), ‘‘Learning to identify review spam,’’ in Proc. Int. Joint Conf. Artif. Intell. (IJCAI), vol. 22. no. 3, pp. 219–230.
- Li .H et al., (2017), ‘‘Bimodal distribution and co-bursting in review spam detection,’’ in Proc. 26th Int. Conf. World Wide b, pp. 1063–1072.
- Liu .B and Lee. W. S, (2011), ‘‘Partially supervised learning,’’ in B Data Mining. Berlin, Germany: Springer, pp. 171–208.
- A et al., (2013) ‘‘Spotting opinion spammers using behavioural footprints,’’ in Proc. 19th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. Know. Discovery Data Mining, pp. 632–640.
- A, Liu. B, and Glance. N, (2012), ‘‘Spotting fake reviver groups in consumer reviews,’’ in Proc. 21st Int. Conf. World Wide b, pp. 191–200.
- K.C and Mukherjee. A, (2016), ‘‘on the temporal dynamics of opinion spamming: Case studies on yelp,’’ in Proc. 25th Int. Conf. World Wide b, pp. 369–379.
- S, Salehi. M, Farahbakhsh. R, and Crespi. N, (Jul. 2017), ‘‘Net Spam: A network-based spam detection framework for reviews in online social media,’’ IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1585–1595.
- Y, Wu. Z, Bu .Z, Cao. J, and Yang. D, (2016), ‘‘Discovering shilling groups in a real e-commerce platform,’’ Online Inf. Rev., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 62–78.
- Z, Wang. Y, Wang. Y, Wu. J, Cao. J, and Zhang. L, (Nov. 2015) ‘‘Spammers detection from product reviews: A hybrid model,’’ in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Data Mining (ICDM), pp. 1039–1044.
- S, Wang. G, Lin. S, and Yu. P.S, (2012), ‘‘Review spam detection via temporal pattern discovery,’’ in Proc. 18th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. Know. Discovery Data Mining, pp. 823–831.
- C, Zhang. J, Chang. K, and Long. C, (2013), ‘‘Uncovering collusive spammers in Chinese review websites,’’ in Proc. 22nd ACM Int. Conf. Conf. Inf. Know. Manage, pp. 979–988.
- F and Zhang. X, (2010), ‘‘Impact of online consumer reviews on sales: The moderating role of product and consumer characteristics,’’ J. Marketing, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 133–148.