Volume : 3, Issue : 3, AUG 2019
MODELING AND ANALYSIS OF CENTRIFUGAL BLOWER
J. Santhosh Kumar, G. Sarath, B. Siddeswara Rao
Centrifugal blowers are utilized extensively for on-board naval applications that have high noise levels. The noise generated with a rotating component is principally because of random loading pressure around the blades and periodic iteration of incoming air using the blades from the rotor. The Contemporary blades in naval applications comprise Aluminum or Steel and generate noise that triggers disturbance to folks working close to the blower. The current work is aimed at observing the option of E-Glass instead of metal for much better vibration control. E-Glass, recognized for their superior damping characteristics tend to be more promising in vibration reduction when compared with metals. The modeling from the blower ended by solid works. It's suggested to create blower with Epoxy glass, evaluate its strength and deformation using FEM technique. To be able to evaluate the potency of E-Glass and metal blower using FEA packaged (ANSYS). Modal analysis is conducted on Aluminum and E-Glass blower to discover first five natural frequencies.
Blower design, E-Glass blower, noise levels, vibration control.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 10
Number of Downloads : 2
- Raymond A. Loew, Joel T. Lauer, Joseph McAllister and Daniel L. Sutliff, “Advanced noise control Fan”, Twenty-Fifth Aerodynamic Measurement Technology and Ground Testing.
- Jeon Wan-Ho and Lee Duck-Joo, “A numerical study on the flow and sound fields of centrifugal impeller located near a wedge”, Journal of sound and vibration, Volume 266, Number 4, pp. 785-804.
- Jianfeng MA, Datong QI and Yijun MAO, “Noise reduction for centrifugal fan with non-isometric forwardswept blade impeller”, Energy Power Engineers, Volume 2, Number 4, pp. 433–437.
- Carudina, “Noise generation in vane axial fans due to rotating stall and surge”, Journal
- Rama Krishna Shinagam, Rama Krishna A and Ramji k, “Experimental study on reduction of motor-fan noise by modification of blade and shroud configuration”, Proceedings of the institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Journal of mechanical engineering science, Volume 224, Number 2, pp. 315-320.
- Mohand Younis, Farid Bakir, Smaine Kouidri and Robert Rey, “3D unsteady flow in a centrifugal fan: impeller-volute interaction”, Journal of Computational and Applied Mechanics, Volume 8, Number 2, pp. 211-223.