Volume : 3, Issue : 3, SEP 2019
PROFESSIONALISM IN TEACHING
Education is very socially oriented activity and quality education has traditionally been associated with strongly skillful teachers having high degree of professional efficiency and sound piece of personal and professional traits in teaching. The purpose of this paper is to discuss how professionalism in teaching is defined in scholarly debates in recent times. Within this purpose a literature review regarding professionalism in teaching is provided i.e. concept of professionalism; different perspectives in professionalism in teaching; critical elements of a professional teacher vital for professionalism in teaching; core attributes of professionalism in teaching; barrier in path of professionalism in teaching has been talked about.
Professional efficiency, professionalism in teaching, core-attribute, vital.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 4
Number of Downloads : 1
- Baggini, J. (2005). What Professionalism mean for teachers today? Education Review, 18(2), 5-11.
- Boyt, T., Lusch, R.F. Ve Naylor, G. (2001). The Role of Professionalism in determining job-satisfaction in professional services: A Study of Marketing Researchers, Journal of Service-Research, 3(4), 321-330.
- Demirkasimoglu, N. (2010). Defining Teacher-Professionalism from different Perspectives.
- Englund, T. (1996). Are Professional Teachers a Good Thing, In I.F. Goodson & A. Hargreaves (eds.), Teacher’s Professional Lives, London: Falmer
- Goodson, I.F. (2000). The Principled Professional, Prospects, 20(2), 181-188.
- Hargreaves, A. (2000). Four ages of Professionalism and Professional Learning, Teacher and Teaching: History and Practice, 6(2), 151-182.
- Hoyle, E. (2011). Teaching: Prestige, Status and Esteem, Educational Management Administration and Leadership, 29(2), 139-159.
- Hurst, B. Reding, G. (2000). Professionalism in Teaching, Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- Krishnaveni, R. Anitha (2007). Educators Professional-Characteristics, 15, Issue 2.
- Modi, J.N., Anshu, Gupta, P. Singh, T. Teaching and Assessing Professionalism in Indian Context.
- Pamela, A.K. (2003). Kappa Delta Pi Record.
- Phelps, P.H. (2006). The Three R’s of Professionalism, Kappa Delta Pi Record. Sachs, J. (2003). The activist Teaching Profession, Buckingham Open University Press.
- Socket, H. (1993). The Moral Base for Teacher-Professionalism, New York: Teachers College Press.
- Tichenor, M.S., Tichenor, J.M. (2005). Understanding Teachers’ Perspectives on Professionalism,
- Whitty, G. (2000). Teacher Professionalism in New times, Journal of In-Service Education, 26(2), 281-295.
- Wong, H.K., Wong, R.T. (1998). The First Day of School: How to be an effective Teacher, Mountainview, Claif: Harry K. Wong