Volume : 3, Issue : 3, SEP 2019
RIGHT TO ATTAIN HEALTH PRIVILEGES IN INDIA
Dr. V. Solabuthisali
Health is one of the basic requirements of human being. Nowadays India is facing problem of degradation of health. The Constitution of India is supreme law to govern the whole Nation. The condition of health is worsening day by day in spite of various health schemes and policies. The Supreme Court is performing Nobel function of interpretation of provisions of Constitution. The framers of Indian Constitution have rightly inserted various provisions regarding health of public. Further the role of Indian Supreme Court is significant in protecting health of people at large with the help of various decisions. The effective implementation of Laws enacted based on Constitutional provisions will control the present problem.
Right to Health, Fundamental Rights and Health, Directive Principles and Health.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 3
- Chouri, Dnyneshwar, “Constitutional Perspective of Right to Health in India”, The IUP Law Review, Vol. II No. 1, Jan, 2012, p. 46.
- Article 21 of the constitution of India “No person shall be deprived of his life and personal liberty except procedure established by law” Legal Research Methodology by Dr. S R Mynani, Allahabad Law Agency, Haryana, 2004.
- Sood, Deepika, “Indian Perspective of Right to Health”, available at http://www.legalindia.in/indian-perspective-of-right-to-health
- Article 39 (e) and (f)
- AIR 1984 SC 469
- AIR 1986 SC 1786: (1986) 3 SCC 596
- Pandey, Dr. J. N., “Constitutional law of India”, Central Law Agency, Allahabad, 44th 2007, p. 380
- Jain, Prof. M. P., “Indian Constitutional law”, Lexis Nexis Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 6th 2010, p. 1383
- AIR 1979 SC 65: (1978) 4 SC 16
- AIR 1984 SC 802
- AIR 1988 SC 1863
- Bakshi, P. M., “The Constitution of India”, Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 9th Ed, 2009, p. 90.
- AIR 1987 SC 990: (1987) 2 SCC 165
- Seervai, H. M., “Constitutional Law of India”, 4th Edition, Universal Law Publication, New Delhi, 2006
- JT 2002 (3) SC 527
- State of Punjab v. Mahinder Singh Chawla AIR 1997 SC 1225
- AIR 1986 SC 1205: (1986) 3 SCC 20
- AIR 1998 Cal. 121
- AIR 1995 SC 922
- AIR 2003 SC 664
- AIR 1989 SC 2039
- 1996 (4) SCC 37
- AIR 1998 SC 1703
- Church of God in India v. K. K. R. Majestic Colony Welfare Association (2000) 7 SCC 282.
- Jain, Prof. M. P., Supra note 7, p. 474.
- Abhichantani Justice, R. K. , “Health as a Human Right - Role of Courts in Realisation of the Right”, available at http://gujarathighcourt.nic.in/Articles/articles.htm