Volume : 3, Issue : 3, SEP 2019
SMART PARKING USING INTERNET OF THINGS
Himani Malik, Gourav Nagpal
Internet of Things (IoT) plays the crucial role in Smart parking system. Smart parking is a emerging concept. as its sensors can provide information about status of parking slots. This paper aims at smart car parking system based on Iot.
As the number of vehicles on Indian roads are expected to increase by 10882262 by 2020, reducing average speed from an already miserly 6.4 kph to 4.7 kph walking speed for most people. While major infrastructural improvements are scheduled to take place to reduce the number of cars on the road, this paper proposed a solution directed at traffic space management to accelerate the process.
Studies have shown illegal encroachments by motor vehicles parking on roads have a massive effect of the flow in traffic. The purpose of this paper is to remove the all too familiar sight of cars parked on the roads by introducing smart parking technique using IOT.
IoT, Sensors, Smart Parking.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 8
Number of Downloads : 1
- “Smart Parking” http://www.happiestminds.com/ whitepapers/smart-parking.pdf
- Fengli Zhou, &Qing Li. Parking Guidance System Based on ZigBee and Geomagnetic Sensor Technology. 13th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Applications to Business, Engineering and Science (DCABES) (Nov, 2014) pages. 268-271. IEEE.
- “The Parking Professionals” http://www.parking.org/
- Smart Parking: an Application of Optical Wireless Sensor Network, Proceedings of the 2007 International Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops (SAINTW'07), 2007
- A Reservation-based Smart Parking System, The First International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Networking Systems, 2011
- Smart Parking Assist System using Internet of Things (IoT), International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, Volume 9-Number 40,2016
- Shiyao, W. Ming, L. Chen, and R. Na, The research and implement of the intelligent parking reservation management system based on ZigBee technology, in Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Meas. Technol. Mechatronics Autom. (ICMTMA), 2014, pp. 741–744. 67
- J. Bonde, R. S. Shende, K. S. Gaikwad, A. S. Kedari, and A. U. Bhokre, Automated car parking system commanded by Android application,‘‘ in Proc. Int. Conf. Comput. Commun. Inform. (ICCCI), Coimbatore, India, Jan. 2014, pp. 1–4.
- Lambrinos and L. Dosis, Dis Assist: An Internet of Things and mobile communications platform for disabled parking space management, in Proc. IEEE Global Commun. Conf. (GLOBECOM), Dec. 2013, pp. 2810–2815.
- Geng, Y., Cassandras, C. (2013). New Smart Parking system based on resource allocation and reservations. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 14, 5, (2013) 1129-1139.
- W. S. Tang, Y. Zheng, and J. Cao, An intelligent car park management system based on wireless sensor networks, in Pervasive Computing and Applications, 2006 1st International Symposium on , 2006, pp. 65–70.
- Chinrungrueng, U. Sunantachaikul, and S. Triamlumlerd, Smart parking: An application of optical wireless sensor network, in Applications and the Internet Workshops, 2007. SAINT Workshops 2007. International Symposium on, 2007, pp. 66–66.
- Yan, W. Yang, D. B. Rawat, and S. Olariu, Smart parking: A secure and intelligent parking system, Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, IEEE, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 18–30, 2011.