Volume : 3, Issue : 3, OCT 2019
STRATEGIC EVOLUTION FROM CONFINEMENTS OF FACE TO FACE LEARNING AND SHIFT TO ONLINE LEARNING
M Munshi, Shashikant Kuril, Sharif Khan, Dr. Tarun Shrimali, Dr. Sanjay Gaur
Learning is shifting from traditional classroom learning to Online Learning. This is just beginning there are constraints and hurdles in this transaction. Adopting online blended learning in place of face to face learning has many pitfalls and mental barriers. Online learning is misconception with distance learning Streaming and virtual reality has changed the concept. Online learning in essence is learn anywhere and anytime. It has bridged the geographical and linguistic gaps. One can learn at own pace and place. Modern online learning involves multimodal form of knowledge transfer. But education is still in the grip of confinements of face to face learning. To opt online learning and offset confinement of face to face learning there is need of proper strategy and integration of all emerging technologies and unleashing full potential of technologies to make learning at par with face to face learning leaving old school instructional design principles and requires us to imagine a new world for online learning. We can educate more students with less cost and higher learnability. This could be achieved by appropriate strategies that resonate every individual. To address the question and building transformational framework using technologies in this paper we discuss the pitfalls and how to overcome them by changing the methodologies of education.
We propose framework integrating successful IoT design, cloud services, streaming, learning analytics, pedagogies, micro-learning, gamification and transformative methodologies to create new learning experience generate high learnability and sustained value creation. The framework includes learnability measure.
Online Learning, Learning Analytics, ear Lability, Micro-learning, Transformative Methodology.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 7
Number of Downloads : 3
- Al Noor S, Mustafa G, Choudhary S, Jaigirdar F. (2010) “A proposed Architecture of Cloud Computing for education system in Bangladesh and Impact on current education system” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security Vol. 10 No.10.
- Khambayat P. Rajesh and Majumdar Shyamlal. “Preparing Teachers of Today for the Learners of Tomorrow” Journal of Engineering, Science and Management Education” Vol 2 2010/9-16.
- Oye N D, Saleha Mazleena, Ihaad N A. (2012)
- “E Learning methodologies and tools” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications Vol 2 No 3.
- Abdullah A, Yousuf A, Emam A (2012) “A New trend for E Learning in KSA using educational cloud.” Vol. 3 No. 1.
- A Microsoft U S educational white paper. “Cloud computing in education saving flexibility and Choice for IT.” http://www.microsoft.com/educloud/