Volume : 3, Issue : 3, JUL 2019
TO STUDY SALINITY INDUCED CHANGES IN PROLINE CONTENT AND ROLE OF IAA TO OVERCOME STRESS IN VIGNA RADIATA
Ritu Jain, Patel Ruby, Moses Kolet
Principle objective was to evaluate effect of salinity on germination and salinity induced changes in Proline content and role of IAA to overcome stress. Percentage of seed germination decreases with increased concentration of salt. It is reduced from 70% to 32% at higher concentration. Proline content goes on increasing with increasing concentration of salt from 0.3%to 1.2%.It was observed that IAA helps to overcome from salt stress.
Vigna radiata, Indoleacetic acid, Proline content.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 1
Number of Downloads : 0
- Abo Zaid, A N (2000) Plant hormones and agriculture application. The Arabic parlor of promulgation and distribution. 2nd Cairo, Egypt.
- Bates S Waldeen R P and Teare D(1973) Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies plant soil 39:205
- Dracup, M (1991) Increasing salt tolerance of plants through cell culture requires greater understanding of tolerance mechanisms. Australian Journal Plant Physiology, 18(1): 1-15.
- Fowler, JL (1991).Interaction of salinity and temperature on germination of crambe. J., 83: 169-172.
- Greenway, H (1973.) Salinity, plant growth and metabolism. Aust. Inst. Agric. Sci., 39: 24-34.
- Greenway, Hand R Munns (1980) Mechanism of salt tolerance in non-halophytes, Annual Review of Plant Physiology 31: 149-190.
- Gorham J; Hughe, LY and Wynjones, R G (1981) Low molecular weight carbohydrates in some salt stressed plants. Plant Physiol., 53: 27- 48.
- Jaleel CA, Gopi R, Manivannan P, Panneerrselvam R (2007) Anti-oxidative potentials as a protective mechanism in Cantharanthus roseus G Don plants under salinity stress;K.Bot.3:245-251.
- Jamil, M and E Rho (2004) The effect of salinity (NaCl) on the germination and seedling of sugar beet Beta vulgaris L.) And cabbage (Brassica oleracea L.). Korean Journal of Plant Research 7: 226-232.
- Kaya C, Tuna AL, Yokas I (2009) The role of in plants under salinity stress. Book salinity and water stress 44: 45-50.
- M Kaifi, M. & Galdani (2001) Effect of salinity on germination & seedling of sugar & cabbage Vigna radiata seed germination under salinity; Biological Plantrum 43(3):423-426
- Munns R, M Tester, (2008) Comparative physiology of salt and water stress. Rev. Plant Biol.: 651- 81.
- N Naher and AK Malam (2010) Germination, growth and nodulation of mungbean as affected by sodium chloride.
- Papiya Saha Paramita Chatterjee and Ashok K. Biswas (2010) Nacl Pretreatment alleviates salt stress by enhancement of enhancement of antioxidant defense system & osmolyte accumulation in mungbean.
- Paramasivam Manivannan, Cheruth Abdul Jaleel, Beemrao Sankar, Ramamurthy Somasundaram, Pallipalayam Varadharajan Murali, Ramalingam Sridharan, And Rajaram Panneerselvam.2007.Salt Stress Mitigation By Calcuim Chloride In Vignaradiata (L.) Wilezek Acta Biologica Cracoviensia series Botanica 49/2: 105-109
- Redmann, RE (1974) Osmotic and specific ion effects on the germination of alfalfa. J Bot., 52: 803-808.
- Saffan, S E (2008) Effect of salinity and osmotic stresses on some economic plants. J Agric.Res and Biol. Sci., 4(2): 159 - 166.
- Serrano, R Culianz Macia, F and Moreno, V (1999) A glimpse of the mechanisms of ion homeostasis during salt stress. J Exp Bot. 50: 1023-1036.
- Sharma, ML (1976) Interaction of water potential and temperature effects on germination of three semi-arid plant species. J., 68:390-394.